Three Stooges or Marx Brothers
EStreetJoe
2006-12-23 17:39:23 UTC
another for the "older" crowd....
f***@aol.com
2006-12-23 17:50:59 UTC
Dead heat Tie.
ruth
2006-12-23 22:43:09 UTC
Post by f***@aol.com
Dead heat Tie.
you are so very very very wrong.
--
f***@aol.com
2006-12-24 18:07:23 UTC
Post by f***@aol.com
Dead heat Tie.
you are so very very very wrong. >>>

Allow me to clarify.

Verbal, dare I say sophisticated, humor (yes even whackiness can have a
level of sopistication) wit goes to Graucho and the boys.

For Physical comedy, the STooges rule.

So..........Dead heat tie.
I***@aol.com
2006-12-23 23:57:05 UTC
Post by f***@aol.com
Dead heat Tie.
I haven't really seen the Marx Brothers enough to consider them, but I
have to just say I absolutely cannot stand the Three Stooges.

When I was in high school in the late 1970's, a local network ran them
in the afternoons, and everybody would walk around doing that "nyuk,
nyuk, nyuk" laugh or whatever it was...I just wanted to smack them
upside the heads, God that was so annoying.

I think the only thing ever on television that has been more obnoxious
is the voice of that woman who plays "The Nanny."

Garry
Her Benevolence, The BEAST
2006-12-23 17:54:21 UTC
Marx Brothers.

Absolutely.

Positively.

And for a little bit of seasonal humor:

Otis B. Driftwood: It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.

Fiorello: [laughs] You can't fool me! There ain't no
Sanity Claus!

quoth
Her Benevolence
ruth
2006-12-23 22:42:45 UTC
Post by EStreetJoe
another for the "older" crowd....
Marx Brothers of course.
William Innes
2006-12-24 00:11:34 UTC
Post by ruth
Post by EStreetJoe
another for the "older" crowd....
Marx Brothers of course.
--
As much as I like a good Three Stooges short (well, so long as it's a
Curly...I'm not even going to begin
Marx Brothers all the way.
Bill
2006-12-24 11:39:26 UTC
nobody beats the stooges
Post by EStreetJoe
another for the "older" crowd....
2006-12-24 12:47:50 UTC
Post by Bill
nobody beats the stooges
Post by EStreetJoe
another for the "older" crowd....
Have loved them my whole life.

Jilly
e***@aol.com
2006-12-24 16:41:50 UTC
Marx Brothers. While I could never relate to Stooges humor, I've always
loved the Marx Bros. For those of you who haven't been exposed to them,
TCM is having a Marx Bros marathon on New Years Eve. Duck Soup and
Horse Feathers are the stand-outs.

~ what ever it is, I'm against it.
Her Benevolence, The BEAST
2006-12-24 16:49:50 UTC
Post by e***@aol.com
Marx Brothers. While I could never relate to Stooges humor, I've always
loved the Marx Bros. For those of you who haven't been exposed to them,
TCM is having a Marx Bros marathon on New Years Eve. Duck Soup and
Horse Feathers are the stand-outs.
Thanks for the heads-up!!!

greatly appreciated
Her Benevolence
(knows the answer to "Horse or Duck?")
j***@aol.com
2006-12-24 17:29:38 UTC
mary-ellen
2006-12-27 04:48:51 UTC
Post by e***@aol.com
Marx Brothers. While I could never relate to Stooges humor, I've always
loved the Marx Bros. For those of you who haven't been exposed to them,
TCM is having a Marx Bros marathon on New Years Eve. Duck Soup and
Horse Feathers are the stand-outs.
~ what ever it is, I'm against it.
we'll be having our own annual Stooges marathon on NYE - the Breton man
tradition. I just happen to live here too ;-) The Three Stooges kinda
grow on you after 22 years of marriage. I just gave up and accepted it -
but I do snicker and get called out on it by the boys.

Mary-Ellen
(no Curly Joes welcome)

William Innes
2006-12-24 20:16:20 UTC
Post by Bill
nobody beats the stooges
Well, with the exception of Moe, you're probably right...
the big captain
2006-12-24 20:23:47 UTC
nyuk nyuk nyuk.
s***@comcast.net
2006-12-24 18:09:04 UTC
No contest.

Hungadunga, Hungadunga, Hungadunga, Hungadunga & McCormick.
EStreetJoe
2006-12-24 18:36:52 UTC
I'll vote for the Stooges, but I'll watch parts of the Marx Brothers
marathon to see if my mind can be changed.