Ted Nugent House Of Blues Concert Review
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-19 04:09:59 UTC
Uncle Ted rocked the house once again! He played all the hits, hard
rockin' music, great guitar playing, lots of humourous banter, a Derek
St Holmes soundalike on bass.

It was my 18th time seeing him and he always delivers the goods.

Anyone here ever see Ted Nugent?
sacha
2010-08-19 05:20:54 UTC
On Aug 18, 10:09 pm, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:
> Uncle Ted rocked the house once again! He played all the hits, hard
> rockin' music, great guitar playing, lots of humourous banter, a Derek
> St Holmes soundalike on bass.
>
> It was my 18th time seeing him and he always delivers the goods.
>
> Anyone here ever see Ted Nugent?

Once, with the Amboy Dukes. NEVER AGAIN. And you dis Jerry... It does
explain your orientation though...that you could see him 18 times and
enjoy him.
Read on MacDuff...

Offensive Remark of the Week

This week’s offensive remark is definitely a tag-team effort. The
sadly likely duo of Ted Nugent and Sean Hannity have really pulled
this one out.

It all started with some comments that known sexist, racist and all-
around Republican asshole Ted Nugent made in concert. While holding
two assault rifles on stage, he proudly declared:

I was in Chicago. I said, “Hey, Obama, you might want to suck on
one of these, you punk!”

Obama, he’s a piece of shit. And I told him to suck on my machine
gun. Let’s hear it for it.

And I was in New York. I said, “Hey, Hillary, you might want to
ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless bitch!”

Naturally, there were massive cheers from the crowd. Then, another
sexist, racist, all-around Republican asshole Sean Hannity played the
clip on his show, called Nugent a friend, seems to suggest that Obama
deserved the threat, and adamantly defended Nugent from Democratic
strategist Bob Beckel.

After airing the clip, Hannity referred to Nugent as a “friend and
frequent guest on the program,” and then compared Nugent’s comments to
recent statements by Obama, which Hannity again distorted by claiming
Obama “accus[ed] our troops of killing civilians.” Hannity then asked
Democratic strategist Bob Beckel: “What’s more offensive to you? Is it
Barack Obama’s statement about our troops or Ted Nugent?” Beckel
responded by asking Hannity if he was “prepared to disavow this
lowlife,” to which Hannity responded: “No, I like Ted Nugent. He’s a
friend of mine.” When Beckel said that Nugent “ought to never come on
your show again, and if you have him on, you ought to be ashamed of
yourself,” Hannity responded: “Not at all. We have you on.”

Of course, Hannity’s remarks about Obama are a lie. Even if he did say
that, there are in fact documented cases of soldiers killing
civilians. But he didn’t say it.

And even if he had, it of course in no way excuses a death threat. It
also doesn’t explain away the threats to Sen. Clinton, or other
similar sexualized threats and degrading remarks to Sen. Boxer and
Sen. Feinstein, which were omitted from the Hannity clip. It takes
extremely little imagination to see the extreme racism and misogyny in
Nugent’s choice of words or the way that the violence has been
sexualized. And it doesn’t exactly take a clever mind to ask “Hmm, I
wonder why of all the white male Democrats out there, who vastly
outnumber women and people of color in office, Nugent only went after
the black guy and the women?!” And of course, there’s the irony of the
Republican attempt to ruin the Dixie Chicks’ career for saying that
they were ashamed that Dubya is from Texas, while applauding racist
and misogynist threats of bodily harm to other leaders.

Then again, it would be pretty fucking foolish to expect any
different.
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-19 05:25:05 UTC

That's show business.
bbison
2010-08-19 16:34:39 UTC
> On Aug 18, 10:09 pm, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:
> Uncle Ted rocked the house once again! He played all the hits, hard
> rockin' music, great guitar playing, lots of humourous banter, a Derek
> St Holmes soundalike on bass.
>
> It was my 18th time seeing him and he always delivers the goods.
>
> Anyone here ever see Ted Nugent?

Yes. Back in the 70s where he belongs. Unless you think the Neolithic era is
a better fit.
sacha
2010-08-19 05:22:02 UTC
And here's a note from a fan...

Hey Uncle Ted - how ya doin’ draft dodger. Remember me? I’m the
Vietnam veteran that confronted you the night of October 25, 2006 at
the University of Wisconsin Madison. I sat through 45 minutes of your
phony demagoguery while you were stating your respect for the
Constitution, free speech and veterans. Yet when I confronted you
about your cowardice of admitting to urinating and defecating in your
pants for an entire week to avoid duty to your country during the
Vietnam war you screamed F— You, and eat s— and die then shut my mic
off. Well Uncle Ted, so much for your respect for veterans, free
speech and the Constitution. Come clean next time will you Uncle Ted
and remove those fatigues when your’re finished preaching about your
phony bravery and your respect towards veterans and the Constitution
and show your American audiences your yellow and brown stained
panties that you soiled to coward your way out of serving your
country. You are a filthy bag of cowadice and hypocrisy. You need to
stand in front of the Vietnam Memorial and apologize to all Vietnam
veterans that you have betrayed by earning “blood money” off of their
sacrifices and suffering they have endured for the rights that you
claim to worship.
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-19 05:25:42 UTC
On Aug 18, 10:22 pm, sacha <***@sasktel.net> wrote:
> And here's a note from a fan...
>
> Hey Uncle Ted - how ya doin’ draft dodger. Remember me? I’m the
> Vietnam veteran that confronted you the night of October 25, 2006 at
> the University of Wisconsin Madison. I sat  through 45 minutes of your
> phony demagoguery while you were stating your respect for the
> Constitution, free speech and veterans. Yet when I confronted you
> about your cowardice of admitting to urinating and defecating in your
> pants for an entire week to avoid duty to your country during the
> Vietnam war you screamed F— You, and eat s— and die then shut my mic
> off. Well Uncle Ted, so much for your respect for veterans, free
> speech and the Constitution. Come clean next time will you Uncle Ted
> and remove those fatigues when your’re finished preaching about your
> phony bravery and your respect towards veterans and the Constitution
> and show your American audiences your yellow and brown stained
> panties  that you soiled to coward your way out of serving your
> country. You are a filthy bag of cowadice and hypocrisy. You need to
> stand in front of the Vietnam Memorial and apologize to all Vietnam
> veterans that you have betrayed by earning “blood money” off of their
> sacrifices and suffering they have endured for the rights that you
> claim to worship.

So, an entertainer is an asshole in real life, I am supposed to be
surprised?

Dude wrote the Cat Scratch Fever and Stranglehold riff. He can do what
he wants.
gully
2010-08-19 16:18:54 UTC
In an aside that no doubt has deep psychological meaning, probably
proving that I am a total nut-job, I must admit I cannot hear the
words, music, or even just the riff from Cat Scratch Fever without
changing it to Tax Cut Fever in my mind.
sacha
2010-08-19 05:39:57 UTC
And I'm sure we all know about his hobbies... He really is your kind
of guy Millhouse, but you could never be the macho tough hunter guy
who got the girls even if he treated them bbbbaaaaADDDDDD, could you?
Musta been hard for you all this time...

Ted Nugent avoided Service in Vietnam
August 30, 2007
Know Your Right-Wing Speakers: Ted Nugent

Ted NugentTed Nugent, The Motor City Madman, is an anomaly of colossal
proportions. He’s managed to fuse a 38-year rock‘n’roll career with a
zeal for hunting, extreme gun-nuttiness and a good-ol’-boy-on-speed
approach to politics, patriotism, and women. The result: A self-
righteous right-wing rock star who’s now better known for his
dogmatic, offensive, and sometimes plainly comical commentary than for
his sporadic success as a musician.

Uncle Ted has put his name on just about every commercial venture a
right-wing, hunting-happy, clean and sober, meat-lovin’, red-state-
livin’ conservationist rocker could possibly brand. He hosts his own
radio show, edits and publishes the “Ted Nugent Adventure Outdoors
Magazine,” produced a PBS series, “Ted Nugent’s Spirit of the Wild,”
and founded the Ted Nugent United Sportsmen of America.

The Nuge first came into minor rock stardom as the lead guitarist for
the psychedelic outfit the Amboy Dukes. From his undeserved soapbox of
lifetime sobriety, Nugent swears he had no idea that the band’s hit
manifesto on acid tripping, “Journey to the Center of the Mind,” was
about being “under the influence.” Apparently this wasn’t the only
fact that eluded The Nuge. The band’s name, which he says he had taken
from a recently disbanded R&B group, was originally inspired by a
novel by Irving Shulman called “The Amboy Dukes” about a 1950s street
gang in Perth Amboy New Jersey Band. The novel was controversial for
the way in which it dealt with gang rape. Members came and went, but
Nugent remained, eventually renaming the band (surprise, surprise) Ted
Nugent and the Amboy Dukes.

Ted and the boys banged out a couple of middling studio recordings
before Terrible Ted subtly dropped “the Amboy Dukes” from the band.
His first solo release, humbly called Ted Nugent, was a huge hit with
the heavy metal community. Just around the time that The Nuge started
dressing like a caveman for live shows, he came out with another hit
album, Cat Scratch Fever. Exhibiting his talent for clever and subtle
lyricism, in the title song, he croons, “Well, I make a pussy purr
with the stroke of my hand.” Of course he’s referring to his cat.

In the 1980s, The Nuge released a whole bunch of songs that went
generally unnoticed. For approximately three weeks in 1990, The Nuge
won the hearts of gushing teens when he came out with High Enough,
which he produced during his three-year stint as part of Damn Yankees.

But enough about his sometimes awesome, sometimes middling musical
career. As patriotic as Uncle Ted claims to be, he pulled a nasty
stunt to evade Uncle Sam during the Vietnam War. In a July 15, 1990,
Detroit Free Press interview, Nugent crowed about how he managed to
dodge the draft. He claims that 30 days before his draft board
physical, he disavowed personal hygiene. The last ten days he ingested
nothing but junk food and Pepsi, and with a week to go until the
physical, he stopped using the bathroom altogether. When the big day
came, he had been living in excrement-caked and urine-stained pants.
Always the hero, however, Nugent reassured the Free Press, “But if I
would have gone over there, I’d have been killed, or I’d have killed
all the Hippies in the foxholes. I would have killed everybody.”

In the 1990s, Nugent found he could use his effervescent persona and
his modicum of fame to articulate his singularly alarming worldview
through any medium he could get a hold of. Suddenly, The Whackmaster
(named, ahem, for the term Nugent uses to describe what he does to his
prey with bow and arrow) found that people would listen to his pro-
gun, right-wing, anti-gay, sexist, anti-liberal, meat-eating,
bowhunting, nationalistic spoken word rants. Since then, he has
authored three books, the titles of which do not leave much to the
imagination: “Bloodtrails: The Truth About Bowhunting” (1990), a New
York Times Bestseller, “God, Guns & Rock ‘n’ Roll” (2000), and “Kill
It and Grill It” (2002). You won’t be surprised to learn that step one
of most recipes in this unique cookbook is “Kill something!”

Ted NugentHere’s the quagmire with The Nuge: Sometimes, he’s pretty
funny , and sometimes he is a racist, sexist prick, which is not so
funny. Appearing on Denver’s 103.5 FM Lewis & Floorwax morning show,
The Nuge sounded off on Japanese-made guitars, referring to them as
“Japs.” When the hosts of the show objected to the use of the word,
Nugent made sure to tell Denver that words such as “Jap” and “Nigger”
were only words, man, and shouldn’t offend anyone. Apparently, Ted was
shocked to find that people are offended by these words. Still though,
The Nuge saw the real victim in all this, explaining that “Political
correctness has brought America to its knees.”

It’s not unusual to hear Nugent talk this way – his conversations are
riddled with ethnic and racial slurs. He called his tour of Japan the
“Jap Whack Tour,” (Detroit Free Press, July 15, 1990), constantly
makes obscene and derogatory remarks about women, and drops the F-bomb
almost as often as he refers to himself in third person. It doesn’t
stop at foul language though; it’s the substance that is most
objectionable. Nugent has had to pay $75,000 for shooting off his
mouth after a radio interview in 1992, when he referred to Heidi
Prescott of The Fund for Animals as a “worthless whore” and a “shallow
slut,” asking, “Who needs to club a seal, when you could club
Heidi?” (Detroit Free Press, April 5, 1995.) The Nuge has a thing
about lumping women into a category with wild animals. He told Salon
that he gets a “full predator spiritual erection” from tracking “bear,
lions, coons, housecats, escaped chimps, small children, scared women,
and everything else that can be chased and/or hunted.” He also has a
thing about making sure the world knows whose opinion on matters of
choice matters most, explaining on a Detroit radio show that, “Anybody
that doesn’t think it is better to blow someone’s brains out than to
be raped, deserves to be raped! If you don’t think your life is worth
it then please go out there, don’t wear any underpants and get RAPED!!
Cuz you deserve it…” (WRIF-FM, Detroit, Nugent as guest D.J.,
September 23, 1991).

The Nuge’s narrow-minded arrogance colors his ruthless commentary, and
he offends just about anyone with whom he doesn’t see eye-to-eye. It’s
a wonder he ever tours outside of the U.S., given his feelings about
“foreigners.” Just before he toured in Japan, he mindlessly maligned
the Japanese in a characteristic xenophobic diatribe on a Detroit
radio show: “…Yeah they love me (in Japan) – they’re still assholes.
These people they don’t know what life is. I don’t have a following,
they need me; they don’t like me they need me… Foreigners are
assholes; foreigners are scum; I don’t like ‘em; I don’t want ‘em in
this country; I don’t want ‘em selling me doughnuts; I don’t want ‘em
pumping my gas; I don’t want ‘em downwind of my life-OK? So anyhow-
and I’m dead serious…” (WRIF-FM, Detroit, Ted Nugent as guest D.J.,
November 19, 1992).

An avid hunter, Nugent was a frequent visitor to Canada until the
government of Ontario cancelled the spring black bear hunt in 1999.
Irate that he wouldn’t get his shot at shooting at a black bear,
Nugent vowed to never set foot again in what he described as “an
idiotic country.” An outspoken pro-hunting media crusader, Nugent
conducts five to ten media interviews every week. A longtime advocate
of gun ownership rights, Nugent has served since 1995 on the Board of
Directors of The National Rifle Association (NRA), of which he is a
Life Member. Nugent also has been a sworn Michigan Deputy Sheriff
since 1980.

Nugent’s interpretation of the 2nd Amendment is enough to send good
citizens of Michigan sprinting across state lines, once saying about
an encounter with a Hare Krishna, “… And in my mind, I’m going, why
can’t I just shoot this guy in the spine right now; shoot him in the
spine, explain the facts of life to him?…” (WRIF-FM, Detroit, Ted
Nugent as guest D.J., September 28, 1990).

Terrible Ted, who owns a compound in Waco, TX (no joke) and a “swamp”
in Michigan, prides himself on his conservation efforts and his
lifelong commitment to what he lovingly refers to as his
“environmental orgy.” But The Nuge is no lefty environmentalist. He
and the animal rights movement have not always seen eye-to-eye, not
surprising given classic Nugent stunts like leading a hunting trip
called “The Rape of The Hills 2000.” In 2000, Nugent was jailed
briefly following an incident outside a department store in San
Francisco in which he allegedly spat on, threatened and physically
assaulted several anti-fur demonstrators.

The Nuge continues to rock out, and his fame has allowed him to
continue seeping into every corner of the media. In 2004, Nugent
hosted a VH1 reality TV show, Surviving Nugent: The Ted Commandments,
in which city dwellers moved to Nugent’s Waco compound to compete in
such “backwoods” activities as building an outhouse and skinning a
boar. During filming, Nugent injured himself with a chainsaw,
requiring 44 stitches and a leg brace.

So far, The Nuge hasn’t aspired to public office, though given his
wide reach, it can’t be far behind. He was briefly mentioned as a
potential Illinois Senatorial candidate for the Republican Party in
2004. Unfortunately, it never came to fruition: if nothing else, a
race between the Nuge and Barack Obama would’ve topped Nugent’s past
stunts for sheer spectacle.

Recently the Motor City Madman has been in the news quite a bit. A
speaker at the NRA’s 2005 National Convention in Houston, he received
an enthusiastic reception from the delegates when he told them:
“Remember the Alamo! Shoot ‘em! To show you how radical I am, I want
carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want
child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No
parole. No early release. I want ‘em dead. Get a gun and when they
attack you, shoot ‘em.” (“Ted Nugent to Fellow NRAers: Get Hardcore,”
Associated Press article, April 17, 2005).

At some point, you’d think that the 56-year-old Nuge has got to slow
down. But he’s still kickin’ it full Nuge style, taking lucky hunters
on hunting trips in Africa (for no small price, of course), coming out
with fancy new weapons, like his Gold Tip Ted Nugent Signature Zebra
Arrow, and of course is about to set off on a 2005 Summer Tour.
Perhaps the most alarmingly Nuge of all the Nuge endeavors he’s got
going is his Ted Nugent Gonzo Auction, in which he’s going to auction
off relics from his “insane life of over-the-top rock-and-roll wild
ground adventure.”

Although there is a certain hilarity to The Nuge’s insane energy, it
goes without saying that he’d be a lot funnier if he ditched the
sexist, racist and xenophobic remarks.

Ted NugentCampus Progress presents you with some of the best and worst
of The Nuge:

“What’s a feminist anyways? A fat pig who doesn’t get it often
enough?” Wikipedia

“My being there (South Africa) isn’t going to affect any political
structure. Besides, apartheid isn’t that cut-and-dry. All men are
not created equal.” Detroit Free Press Magazine, July 15, 1990

“The preponderance of South Africa is a different breed of man…They
still put bones in their noses, they still walk around naked, they
wipe their butts with their hands. And when I kill an antelope for
‘em, their preference is the gut pile. That’s what they fucking want
to eat, the intestines. These are different people. You give them
toothpaste, they fucking eat it.” Detroit Free Press Magazine, July
15, 1990

(About Haiti) “We should put razor wire around our borders and give
the finger to any piece of shit who wants to come here.” Westword
Newspaper, Denver, Colorado, July 27, 1994

“…Yeah, we want to go to Saudi Arabia, man, and see if we can’t get a
four iron and knock people’s laundry off the top of their heads. Wear
laundry on your head and die, is the basic theme of the Damn Yankees
[Nugent’s 90’s band]” WRIF-FM, Detroit, Ted Nugent as guest D.J.,
September 25, 1990

“…I met a couple of guys in line yesterday and they say write
something to my girlfriend, she won’t let me go hunting. I wrote her
something, I wrote Drop dead bitch. What good is she, trade her in,
get a Dalmatian, who needs her, the wench.” WRIF-FM, Detroit, Ted
Nugent as guest D.J., September 25, 1991

[On Hillary Clinton] “You probably can’t use the term ‘toxic c—-’ in
your magazine, but that’s what she is. Her very existence insults the
spirit of individualism in this country. This bitch is nothing but a
two-bit whore for Fidel Castro.” Westword Newspaper, Denver, Colorado,
July 27, 1994

“And if you’re a woman who feels that his lyrics to ditties such as
the immortal ‘Wang Dang Sweet Poontang’ are sexist, Nugent says, ‘Fuck
you and go to a Garth Brooks show. Kiss my dog’s dead, diseased,
rotting ass. If you don’t have a sense of humor, you’re not allowed
in Ted’s world. I don’t objectify women. I’d like to think that I’m
optimizing their hardware.’” Westword Newspaper, Denver, Colorado,
July 27, 1994

“…First thing I slayed…I was nine years old. It was a squirrel, these
ladies were feeding it, you know, and I said, ‘excuse me, bam.’ No it
wasn’t a pet squirrel. I had it stuffed and petted it for years after
that.” WRIF-FM, Detroit, Ted Nugent as guest D.J., September 26, 1991

“…My deer were put here on the earth. God even said, ‘Hey Ted, whack
‘em.’ He said this, right in the bible, Genesis, ‘Dear Ted, whack me
a buck …’” WRIF-FM, Detroit, Ted Nugent as guest D.J., Sept. 24, 1991

“I contribute to the dead of winter and the moans of silence, blood
trails are music to my ears …I’m a gut pile addict …The pig didn’t
know I was there … it’s my kick …I love shafting animals …it’s rock
‘n’ roll power.” Ted Nugent’s World Bowhunters Magazine, Volume 1/
Number 4, May 1990, p.12
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-19 05:47:14 UTC
On Aug 18, 10:39 pm, sacha <***@sasktel.net> wrote:
> And I'm sure we all know about his hobbies... He really is your kind
> of guy Millhouse, but you could never be the macho tough hunter guy
> who got the girls even if he treated them bbbbaaaaADDDDDD, could you?
> Musta been hard for you all this time...

I am not even reading all that shit. What does it have to do with
anything? I went because I like his songs. The set was full of
classics almost from front to back.
The Mighty T.B.
2010-08-19 16:12:52 UTC
Patrick babbled:

>(junk snipped)

Three inane replies to the same post about some long ago washed up 70's guitarist? LOL!

T.B.
michael schey
2010-08-19 13:20:22 UTC
On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 21:09:59 -0700 (PDT), I Am A Liberal
<***@intergate.com> wrote:

>Uncle Ted rocked the house once again! He played all the hits, hard
>rockin' music, great guitar playing, lots of humourous banter, a Derek
>St Holmes soundalike on bass.
>
>It was my 18th time seeing him and he always delivers the goods.
>
>Anyone here ever see Ted Nugent?

Actually yes. In a video game. I had him in my sights and blew his
head right off.
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-19 14:34:03 UTC
On Aug 19, 6:20 am, ***@yahoo.com (michael schey) wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 21:09:59 -0700 (PDT), I Am A Liberal
>
> <***@intergate.com> wrote:
> >Uncle Ted rocked the house once again! He played all the hits, hard
> >rockin' music, great guitar playing, lots of humourous banter, a Derek
> >St Holmes soundalike on bass.
>
> >It was my 18th time seeing him and he always delivers the goods.
>
> >Anyone here ever see Ted Nugent?
>
> Actually yes.  In a video game.  I had him in my sights and blew his
> head right off.

I really don't understand all the hate.

Cat Scratch Fever
Stranglehold
Just What The Doctor Ordered
Free For All
Wang Dang Sweet Poontang

are all among the greatest songs ever written. He is a true music
legend and I am thankful he comes around year after year, every year.
michael schey
2010-08-19 15:09:10 UTC
On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 07:34:03 -0700 (PDT), I Am A Liberal
<***@intergate.com> wrote:

>On Aug 19, 6:20=A0am, ***@yahoo.com (michael schey) wrote:
>> On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 21:09:59 -0700 (PDT), I Am A Liberal
>>
>> <***@intergate.com> wrote:
>> >Uncle Ted rocked the house once again! He played all the hits, hard
>> >rockin' music, great guitar playing, lots of humourous banter, a Derek
>> >St Holmes soundalike on bass.
>>
>> >It was my 18th time seeing him and he always delivers the goods.
>>
>> >Anyone here ever see Ted Nugent?
>>
>> Actually yes. =A0In a video game. =A0I had him in my sights and blew his
>> head right off.
>
>I really don't understand all the hate.
>
>Cat Scratch Fever
>Stranglehold
>Just What The Doctor Ordered
>Free For All
>Wang Dang Sweet Poontang
>
>are all among the greatest songs ever written. He is a true music
>legend and I am thankful he comes around year after year, every year.

Like a bad penny or a relative that you hate that continues to show up
each year at Thanksgiving even though you don't invite him.

I like what he does for conservation, DARE, MADD, etc, but his views
on gun control, animal rights, and his ultra-conservative political
leanings lean more toward wackoism.
sacha
2010-08-19 15:41:20 UTC
On Aug 19, 8:34 am, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:
> On Aug 19, 6:20 am, ***@yahoo.com (michael schey) wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 21:09:59 -0700 (PDT), I Am A Liberal
>
> > <***@intergate.com> wrote:
> > >Uncle Ted rocked the house once again! He played all the hits, hard
> > >rockin' music, great guitar playing, lots of humourous banter, a Derek
> > >St Holmes soundalike on bass.
>
> > >It was my 18th time seeing him and he always delivers the goods.
>
> > >Anyone here ever see Ted Nugent?
>
> > Actually yes.  In a video game.  I had him in my sights and blew his
> > head right off.
>
> I really don't understand all the hate.
>
> Cat Scratch Fever
> Stranglehold
> Just What The Doctor Ordered
> Free For All
> Wang Dang Sweet Poontang
>
> are all among the greatest songs ever written. He is a true music
> legend and I am thankful he comes around year after year, every year.

Dude, he wrote a couple of obnoxious misogynist licks 30 years ago. He
was too stupid to realize as a clean & sober rock "star" that the song
by the Dukes, "Journey to the Center of my Mind" was about drugs. He
cowardly shit and pissed his own pants for a week to avoid what he now
claims is a patriotic duty of serving in the military.
Hey, its just me but Id rather be in a crowd of beautiful, peaceful
NoCal or Oregon Deadhead chicks than a sweaty crowd of hate filled
racist male headbangers... but your ahem...interests here really does
say something about you.

And what the old lady said after she kissed the cow? "There's no
accounting for taste"
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-19 16:33:40 UTC
On Aug 19, 8:41 am, sacha <***@sasktel.net> wrote:
> On Aug 19, 8:34 am, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:
>

> > On Aug 19, 6:20 am, ***@yahoo.com (michael schey) wrote:

> > > Actually yes.  In a video game.  I had him in my sights and blew his
> > > head right off.
>
> > I really don't understand all the hate.
>
> > Cat Scratch Fever
> > Stranglehold
> > Just What The Doctor Ordered
> > Free For All
> > Wang Dang Sweet Poontang
>
> > are all among the greatest songs ever written. He is a true music
> > legend and I am thankful he comes around year after year, every year.
>
> Dude, he wrote a couple of obnoxious misogynist licks 30 years ago. He
> was too stupid to realize as a clean & sober rock "star" that the song
> by the Dukes, "Journey to the Center of my Mind" was about drugs.

Not too stupid. The clean and sober was a re-invention. I know people
who smoked pot with him in the Amboy Dukes days.

>He
> cowardly shit and pissed his own pants for a week to avoid what he now
> claims is a patriotic duty of serving in the military.

He had a more important mission.

> Hey, its just me but Id rather be in a crowd of beautiful, peaceful
> NoCal or Oregon Deadhead chicks than a sweaty crowd of hate filled
> racist male headbangers... but your ahem...interests here really does
> say something about you.

Hate filled? What an idiot, just a bunch of rock fans like at most
other concerts I go to. And the whole reason I stopped going to Dead
shows was the annoying crowds.
sacha
2010-08-19 19:52:06 UTC
> Not too stupid. The clean and sober was a re-invention. I know people
> who smoked pot with him in the Amboy Dukes days.

Well he is confused on that issue:
"... Rock and roll, the great outdoors and short skirts is what makes
Ted Nugent tick...the reason that Ted Nugent kicks major ass is
because I've never done drugs. I've never touched chemicals. I've
never drank. I've never touched tobacco." - WRIF-FM, Detroit, Ted
Nugent as guest D.J., September 26, 1991

"I smoked 50 joints in the '60s and snorted two lines of coke once in
Detroit." - People Weekly , Feb. 28, 1977

> >He
> > cowardly shit and pissed his own pants for a week to avoid what he now
> > claims is a patriotic duty of serving in the military.
>
> He had a more important mission.

Yeah, keeping his own shit covered ass safe while others bled and
died....

ON MILITARY SERVICE
He claims that 30 days before his draft board physical, he stopped
all forms of personal hygiene. The last 10 days, he ingested nothing
but Vienna sausages and Pepsi; and a week before his physical, he
stopped using bathrooms altogether, virtually living inside pants
caked with his own excrement, stained by his urine. That spectacle
won Nugent a deferment, he says. "... but if I would have gone over
there, I'd have been killed, or I'd have killed, or I'd killed all the
hippies in the foxholes...I would have killed everybody." - Detroit
Free Press Magazine , July 15, 1990

> > Hey, its just me but Id rather be in a crowd of beautiful, peaceful
> > NoCal or Oregon Deadhead chicks than a sweaty crowd of hate filled
> > racist male headbangers... but your ahem...interests here really does
> > say something about you.
>
> Hate filled? What an idiot, just a bunch of rock fans like at most
> other concerts I go to. And the whole reason I stopped going to Dead
> shows was the annoying crowds.

Cheering wildly while a performer incites racist, misogynist violence
qualifies as hate filled. Sorry. Heres his thoughts on women

"Anybody that doesn't think it is better to blow someones brains out
than to be raped, deserves to be raped! If you don't think your life
is worth it then please go out there, don't wear any underpants and
get RAPED!! Cuz you deserve it ..." - WRIF-FM, Detroit, Ted Nugent as

Nugent as guest D.J., September 25, 1991

About Hillary Clinton: "You probably can't use the term 'toxic cunt'
Colorado, July 27, 1994

And if you're a woman who feels that his lyrics to ditties such as the
immortal 'Wang Dang Sweet Poontang' are sexist, Nugent says, 'Fuck you
and go to a Garth Brooks show. Kiss my dog's dead, diseased, rotting
ass. If you don't have a sense of humor, you're not allowed in Ted's
world. I don't objectify women. I'd like to think that I'm
optimizing their hardware.' - Westword Newspaper , Denver, Colorado,
July 27, 1994

Ted Nugent has forked over $75,000 ... paying the price for shooting
off his mouth ... Interviewed in late '92 on WRIF-FM ... he referred
to Heidi Prescott (of The Fund for Animals) as a 'worhtless whore'
and a 'shallow slut' and suggested 'Who needs to club a seal, when you
could club Heidi?' Detroit Free Press , April 5, 1995

The reason you quit (if you ever went at all) going to Dead shows had
to be that you didn't get *it*. No problem there not everyone did but
if you couldn't enjoy the laid back, loving, beautiful and creative
Deadhead women...
who would have been accepting even of you,....
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-19 20:12:34 UTC
On Aug 19, 12:52 pm, sacha <***@sasktel.net> wrote:
> > Not too stupid. The clean and sober was a re-invention. I know people
> > who smoked pot with him in the Amboy Dukes days.
>
> Well he is confused on that issue:

I am not reading all that, looks like it has fuck-all to do with why I
go to his shows to begin with.

Seems like you are obsessed with him while I am just a fan of his
music.
colonialacres
2010-08-19 20:30:39 UTC

Every Grateful Dead fan I know are just fans of their music too, Millwood.
sacha
2010-08-20 12:41:19 UTC
On Aug 19, 2:12 pm, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:
> On Aug 19, 12:52 pm, sacha <***@sasktel.net> wrote:
>
> > > Not too stupid. The clean and sober was a re-invention. I know people
> > > who smoked pot with him in the Amboy Dukes days.
>
> > Well he is confused on that issue:
>
> I am not reading all that, looks like it has fuck-all to do with why I
> go to his shows to begin with.
>
> Seems like you are obsessed with him while I am just a fan of his
> music.

I am not obsessed, just googled Asshole Rock and Roll and had
3,000,000 hits on 'nuge. I just find it offensive to have that fascist
admired on a Boss board.

And we all know you can't read complex sentences.
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-20 14:23:21 UTC
On Aug 20, 5:41 am, sacha <***@sasktel.net> wrote:

> > > Well he is confused on that issue:
>
> > I am not reading all that, looks like it has fuck-all to do with why I
> > go to his shows to begin with.
>
> > Seems like you are obsessed with him while I am just a fan of his
> > music.
>
> I am not obsessed, just googled Asshole Rock and Roll and had
> 3,000,000 hits on 'nuge. I just find it offensive to have that fascist
> admired on a Boss board.

I don't think you know what fascism is.

And I just wanted to know if anyone here actually liked rock n roll
instead of the boring NPR hipster music that gets mentioned a lot.

> And we all know you can't read complex sentences.

I tend to avoid them after rockin' and rollin' all night long (got in
at 3:00 in the morning once again last night.).
gully
2010-08-19 17:21:00 UTC
Cat Scratch Fever
Stranglehold
Just What The Doctor Ordered
Free For All
Wang Dang Sweet Poontang

are all among the greatest songs ever written. He is a true music
legend and I am thankful he comes around year after year, every year.

That quote is one of the most inane pieces of tripe ever written by
mankind.
An infinite number of monkeys banging an infinite number of keyboards
will never type that.
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-19 17:22:24 UTC
On Aug 19, 10:21 am, gully <***@yahoo.com> wrote:
>  Cat Scratch Fever
>  Stranglehold
>  Just What The Doctor Ordered
>  Free For All
>  Wang Dang Sweet Poontang
>
>  are all among the greatest songs ever written. He is a true music
>  legend and I am thankful he comes around year after year, every year.
>
> That quote is one of the most inane pieces of tripe ever written by
> mankind.
> An infinite number of monkeys banging an infinite number of keyboards
> will never type that.

I don't know any monkeys who listen to rock music.

(Usually just gansta rap).
s***@comcast.net
2010-08-19 14:47:09 UTC
On Aug 19, 12:09 am, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:
> Uncle Ted rocked the house once again! He played all the hits, hard
> rockin' music, great guitar playing, lots of humourous banter, a Derek
> St Holmes soundalike on bass.
>
> It was my 18th time seeing him and he always delivers the goods.
>
> Anyone here ever see Ted Nugent?

Yeah, as an opening act in 1976 or so. Black Sabbath at the Garden on
the "Technical Ecstasy" tour?

He sucked just as badly even back then.
Evolution
2010-08-19 15:50:13 UTC
On 8/18/2010 9:09 PM, I Am A Liberal wrote:
> Uncle Ted rocked the house once again! He played all the hits, hard
> rockin' music, great guitar playing, lots of humourous banter, a Derek
> St Holmes soundalike on bass.
>
> It was my 18th time seeing him and he always delivers the goods.
>
> Anyone here ever see Ted Nugent?

You mean the guy who just got in trouble for illegally baiting deer so
he could shoot one on tv?

--
Laurie

http://lauriehester.blogspot.com/
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-19 16:31:01 UTC

For that he should be charged with homicide.
s***@comcast.net
2010-08-19 16:54:16 UTC
I don't slaughter or butcher my own meat.

I don't shingle my own roof.

I don't refine my own gasoline. I live in New Jersey. Hell, I don't
even PUMP my own gasoline.

If Ted wants to do all these things himself, it's a free country.

And his music sucks and always did. He's a far better guitar player
than I am, but my instrument was French Horn to begin with.
sacha
2010-08-19 19:30:35 UTC
On Aug 19, 10:31 am, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:
> On Aug 19, 8:50 am, Evolution <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 8/18/2010 9:09 PM, I Am A Liberal wrote:
>
> > > Uncle Ted rocked the house once again! He played all the hits, hard
> > > rockin' music, great guitar playing, lots of humourous banter, a Derek
> > > St Holmes soundalike on bass.
>
> > > It was my 18th time seeing him and he always delivers the goods.
>
> > > Anyone here ever see Ted Nugent?
>
> > You mean the guy who just got in trouble for illegally baiting deer so
> > he could shoot one on tv?
>
> For that he should be charged with homicide.

How about for screaming to his "fans" that Hilary Clinton and Obama
should be raped and sexually assaulted with his machine guns? Nobel
peace prize for that?
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-19 20:11:19 UTC

That's showbiz.
s***@comcast.net
2010-08-19 21:31:22 UTC

No, that's offensive.
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-19 23:41:09 UTC

He overdoes it sometimes.
s***@comcast.net
2010-08-20 15:36:49 UTC

Is there anything he DOESN'T overdo, ALL the time?
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-20 17:08:54 UTC

Imagine that, one rocker who is still a rebel.
s***@comcast.net
2010-08-20 19:04:04 UTC

A "Flaming A-hole." Not quite the same thing.
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-20 19:07:34 UTC
On Aug 20, 12:04 pm, "***@comcast.net"
<***@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Aug 20, 1:08 pm, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:
>

> > On Aug 20, 8:36 am, "***@comcast.net"
>
> > <***@comcast.net> wrote:

> > > Is there anything he DOESN'T overdo, ALL the time?- Hide quoted text -

> > Imagine that, one rocker who is still a rebel.- Hide quoted text -

> A "Flaming A-hole."  Not quite the same thing.- Hide quoted text -

No, someone who doesn't fall into the same political mold as most
other rockers do which is why I suspect most people here hate him.
sacha
2010-08-20 21:17:58 UTC
On Aug 20, 1:07 pm, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:
> On Aug 20, 12:04 pm, "***@comcast.net"
>

> <***@comcast.net> wrote:
> > On Aug 20, 1:08 pm, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:

> > > Imagine that, one rocker who is still a rebel.- Hide quoted text -

> > A "Flaming A-hole."  Not quite the same thing.- Hide quoted text -

> No, someone who doesn't fall into the same political mold as most
> other rockers do which is why I suspect most people here hate him.

Hey, if you admire, enjoy, support and pay to see a racist misogynist
animal butchering cowardly asshole that is surely your right. Just
don't expect to get warm fuzzies when you provocatively post your
drivel on a Springsteen board.
WTF do you think you are doing here? Why don't you go to Stormfront
and hang with other Nazis?
I said it before, people are judged by the company they keep. And YOU
sir, sleep with craven shit encrusted vermin. That says it all.
Have a nice day fuckface.
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-20 21:25:09 UTC
On Aug 20, 2:17 pm, sacha <***@sasktel.net> wrote:
> On Aug 20, 1:07 pm, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:
>

> > On Aug 20, 12:04 pm, "***@comcast.net"
>
> > <***@comcast.net> wrote:

> > > A "Flaming A-hole."  Not quite the same thing.- Hide quoted text -

> > No, someone who doesn't fall into the same political mold as most
> > other rockers do which is why I suspect most people here hate him.
>
> Hey, if you admire, enjoy, support and pay to see a racist misogynist
> animal butchering cowardly asshole that is surely your right. Just
> don't expect to get warm fuzzies when you provocatively post your
> drivel on a Springsteen board.

I like rock n roll music. I am sure others here do and at least one
person admitted seeing and enjoying a show as well. I'd rather talk
about real rock music like Ted Nugent, AC/DC, Loverboy, Metallica than
the usual elevator music the most voiciferous of this group often post
about.

> WTF do you think you are doing here? Why don't you go to Stormfront
> and hang with other Nazis?

More un-warranted defamation and projection from a drug addled loser.

> I said it before, people are judged by the company they keep. And YOU
> sir, sleep with craven shit encrusted vermin. That says it all.
> Have a nice day fuckface.

Damn, talk about hate-filled drivel. Weird how my attending a Ted
Nugent concert can totally set someone off.
s***@comcast.net
2010-08-20 21:41:36 UTC
On Aug 20, 5:25 pm, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:
> On Aug 20, 2:17 pm, sacha <***@sasktel.net> wrote:
>

> > On Aug 20, 1:07 pm, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:

> > > No, someone who doesn't fall into the same political mold as most
> > > other rockers do which is why I suspect most people here hate him.
>
> > Hey, if you admire, enjoy, support and pay to see a racist misogynist
> > animal butchering cowardly asshole that is surely your right. Just
> > don't expect to get warm fuzzies when you provocatively post your
> > drivel on a Springsteen board.
>
> I like rock n roll music. I am sure others here do and at least one
> person admitted seeing and enjoying a show as well. I'd rather talk
> about real rock music like Ted Nugent, AC/DC, Loverboy, Metallica

Man, ALL that stuff sucks. Fortunately, it's a free country again
since Bush and Cheney left office voluntarily (which frankly surprised
me).
sacha
2010-08-20 21:42:12 UTC
On Aug 20, 3:25 pm, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:
> On Aug 20, 2:17 pm, sacha <***@sasktel.net> wrote:
>

> > On Aug 20, 1:07 pm, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:

> > > No, someone who doesn't fall into the same political mold as most
> > > other rockers do which is why I suspect most people here hate him.
>
> > Hey, if you admire, enjoy, support and pay to see a racist misogynist
> > animal butchering cowardly asshole that is surely your right. Just
> > don't expect to get warm fuzzies when you provocatively post your
> > drivel on a Springsteen board.
>
> I like rock n roll music. I am sure others here do and at least one
> person admitted seeing and enjoying a show as well. I'd rather talk
> about real rock music like Ted Nugent, AC/DC, Loverboy, Metallica than
> the usual elevator music the most voiciferous of this group often post
> about.
>
> > WTF do you think you are doing here? Why don't you go to Stormfront
> > and hang with other Nazis?
>
> More un-warranted defamation and projection from a drug addled loser.
>
> > I said it before, people are judged by the company they keep. And YOU
> > sir, sleep with craven shit encrusted vermin. That says it all.
> > Have a nice day fuckface.
>
> Damn, talk about hate-filled drivel. Weird how my attending a Ted
> Nugent concert can totally set someone off.

No, what sets me off is that you post this shit here and expect
approbation.

>I'd rather talk
> about real rock music like Ted Nugent, AC/DC, Loverboy, Metallica than
> the usual elevator music the most voiciferous of this group often post
> about.

If thats the way you feel then why the fuck are you here? And really
dude, elevator music? Your list there says it all. Headbanger violent
vile shit. Fuck off and enjoy. We won't miss you.
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-20 21:45:53 UTC
On Aug 20, 2:42 pm, sacha <***@sasktel.net> wrote:
> On Aug 20, 3:25 pm, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:

> > > Hey, if you admire, enjoy, support and pay to see a racist misogynist
> > > animal butchering cowardly asshole that is surely your right. Just
> > > don't expect to get warm fuzzies when you provocatively post your
> > > drivel on a Springsteen board.
>
> > I like rock n roll music. I am sure others here do and at least one
> > person admitted seeing and enjoying a show as well. I'd rather talk
> > about real rock music like Ted Nugent, AC/DC, Loverboy, Metallica than
> > the usual elevator music the most voiciferous of this group often post
> > about.
>
> > > WTF do you think you are doing here? Why don't you go to Stormfront
> > > and hang with other Nazis?
>
> > More un-warranted defamation and projection from a drug addled loser.
>
> > > I said it before, people are judged by the company they keep. And YOU
> > > sir, sleep with craven shit encrusted vermin. That says it all.
> > > Have a nice day fuckface.
>
> > Damn, talk about hate-filled drivel. Weird how my attending a Ted
> > Nugent concert can totally set someone off.
>
> No, what sets me off is that you post this shit here and expect
> approbation.

I like to talk about rock music. At least stuthalblum and some of the
others give thoughtful opinions, you just spew hate-filled rants no
different than what you accuse others of.

> >I'd rather talk
> > about real rock music like Ted Nugent, AC/DC, Loverboy, Metallica than
> > the usual elevator music the most voiciferous of this group often post
> > about.
>
> If thats the way you feel then why the fuck are you here? And really
> dude, elevator music? Your list there says it all. Headbanger violent
> vile shit. Fuck off and enjoy. We won't miss you.

You're not even a Springsteen fan. You're not going to stifle my right
to free speech.
s***@comcast.net
2010-08-21 15:12:49 UTC
On Aug 20, 5:45 pm, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:

> You're not even a Springsteen fan. You're not going to stifle my right
> to free speech.

Who ARE you? Dr. Laura?

The First Amendment protects your right to free speech from
infringement by the GOVERNMENT. It has NOTHING TO DO with protecting
your right to free speech from MORE SPEECH.
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-21 17:07:26 UTC

He works for the Canadian government.
sacha
2010-08-21 19:10:00 UTC

Not that it matters but I don't.
Ukes
2010-08-21 21:48:03 UTC

If Mr. Liberal likes Ted Nugent, how does that hurt you?
sacha
2010-08-21 23:48:34 UTC
On Aug 21, 3:48 pm, Ukes <***@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 14:42:12 -0700 (PDT), sacha <***@sasktel.net>
> wrote:
>

> >If thats the way you feel then why the fuck are you here? And really
> >dude, elevator music? Your list there says it all. Headbanger violent
> >vile shit. Fuck off and enjoy. We won't miss you.
>
> If Mr. Liberal likes Ted Nugent, how does that hurt you?

It doesn't exactly "hurt" me. It just rubs racist cowardly misogynist
BS in the facse of everyone on a Boss board, thats all. And I call him
on it. He's a nasty little troll.
Ukes
2010-08-22 00:25:11 UTC
On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 16:48:34 -0700 (PDT), sacha <***@sasktel.net>
wrote:

>It doesn't exactly "hurt" me. It just rubs racist cowardly misogynist
>BS in the facse of everyone on a Boss board, thats all. And I call him
>on it. He's a nasty little troll.

No.

He's a funny, entertaining, troll.
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-22 09:11:41 UTC
On Aug 21, 5:25 pm, Ukes <***@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 16:48:34 -0700 (PDT), sacha <***@sasktel.net>
> wrote:
>

> >It doesn't exactly "hurt" me. It just rubs racist cowardly misogynist
> >BS in the facse of everyone on a Boss board, thats all. And I call him
> >on it. He's a nasty little troll.
>
> No.
>
> He's a funny, entertaining, troll.

Thanks, though I disagree with the troll part.

And I heard Stranglehold and Cat Scratch Fever when I was 3 years old
so it's easier to separate the music from the people. Sacha doesn't
seem to understand that, though he doesn't like being reminded what an
awful person Jerry Garcia was as well.
s***@comcast.net
2010-08-23 14:03:13 UTC
On Aug 22, 5:11 am, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:
> On Aug 21, 5:25 pm, Ukes <***@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 16:48:34 -0700 (PDT), sacha <***@sasktel.net>
> > wrote:
>
> > >It doesn't exactly "hurt" me. It just rubs racist cowardly misogynist
> > >BS in the facse of everyone on a Boss board, thats all. And I call him
> > >on it. He's a nasty little troll.
>
> > No.
>
> > He's a funny, entertaining, troll.
>
> Thanks, though I disagree with the troll part.
>
> And I heard Stranglehold and Cat Scratch Fever when I was 3 years old
> so it's easier to separate the music from the people. Sacha doesn't
> seem to understand that, though he doesn't like being reminded what an
> awful person Jerry Garcia was as well.

Jerry was a mediocre father, kind of insensitive to his series of
mediocre female companions (especially MG), and in the end, a letdown
to his bandmates due to his lifestyle.

However, name anything Jerry EVER said or did REMOTELY as horrible and
offensive as the NUMEROUS crap Nuge has said and done.
sacha
2010-08-23 21:25:24 UTC

Well said.
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-24 01:32:26 UTC
On Aug 23, 7:03 am, "***@comcast.net"
<***@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Aug 22, 5:11 am, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:
>

> > On Aug 21, 5:25 pm, Ukes <***@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > > No.
>
> > > He's a funny, entertaining, troll.
>
> > Thanks, though I disagree with the troll part.
>
> > And I heard Stranglehold and Cat Scratch Fever when I was 3 years old
> > so it's easier to separate the music from the people. Sacha doesn't
> > seem to understand that, though he doesn't like being reminded what an
> > awful person Jerry Garcia was as well.
>
> Jerry was a mediocre father, kind of insensitive to his series of
> mediocre female companions (especially MG), and in the end, a letdown
> to his bandmates due to his lifestyle.
>
> However, name anything Jerry EVER said or did REMOTELY as horrible and
> offensive as the NUMEROUS crap Nuge has said and done.- Hide quoted text -

I'll leave out how neglecting his health and killing himself at a
relatively young age derailing the gravy train for dozens of people
who depended on him to make a living or the societal impact of drug
use or leading tens of thousands of impressionable youth down the path
to self destruction or abandoning his own child to smoke heroin
outweighs any right-wing hyperbole in front of club sized crowds. Real
harm vs being just being offensive.

And jeezus, it's not like I am talking about rocking out to
Skrewdriver.
s***@comcast.net
2010-08-24 14:00:08 UTC
On Aug 23, 9:32 pm, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:
> On Aug 23, 7:03 am, "***@comcast.net"
>

> <***@comcast.net> wrote:

> > > Thanks, though I disagree with the troll part.
>
> > > And I heard Stranglehold and Cat Scratch Fever when I was 3 years old
> > > so it's easier to separate the music from the people. Sacha doesn't
> > > seem to understand that, though he doesn't like being reminded what an
> > > awful person Jerry Garcia was as well.
>
> > Jerry was a mediocre father, kind of insensitive to his series of
> > mediocre female companions (especially MG), and in the end, a letdown
> > to his bandmates due to his lifestyle.
>
> > However, name anything Jerry EVER said or did REMOTELY as horrible and
> > offensive as the NUMEROUS crap Nuge has said and done.- Hide quoted text -

> I'll leave out how neglecting his health and killing himself at a
> relatively young age derailing the gravy train for dozens of people
> who depended on him to make a living or the societal impact of drug
> use or leading tens of thousands of impressionable youth down the path
> to self destruction or abandoning his own child to smoke heroin
> outweighs any right-wing hyperbole in front of club sized crowds. Real
> harm vs being just being offensive.

Thank you for the compliment.

Garcia was certainly not a role model for his health habits. However,
mountain biking Bob Weir and 70-year old Phil Lesh don't seem to be
doing badly. Nor do the remaining employees of GDE or its successor
business.

I'm also not terribly concerned for Jerry's children. They make more
money from Jerry's neckties and ice cream royalties than I ever will.

But Ted Nugent is still a bigoted, misogynistic a-hole, and his music
sucks.
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-24 14:32:08 UTC

Being a father entails more than just signing the checks.
s***@comcast.net
2010-08-24 15:50:48 UTC
On Aug 24, 10:32 am, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:
> On Aug 24, 7:00 am, "***@comcast.net"
>

> <***@comcast.net> wrote:
> > On Aug 23, 9:32 pm, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:

> > > I'll leave out how neglecting his health and killing himself at a
> > > relatively young age derailing the gravy train for dozens of people
> > > who depended on him to make a living or the societal impact of drug
> > > use or leading tens of thousands of impressionable youth down the path
> > > to self destruction or abandoning his own child to smoke heroin
> > > outweighs any right-wing hyperbole in front of club sized crowds. Real
> > > harm vs being just being offensive.
>
> > Thank you for the compliment.
>
> > Garcia was certainly not a role model for his health habits.  However,
> > mountain biking Bob Weir and 70-year old Phil Lesh don't seem to be
> > doing badly.  Nor do the remaining employees of GDE or its successor
> > business.
>
> > I'm also not terribly concerned for Jerry's children.  They make more
> > money from Jerry's neckties and ice cream royalties than I ever will.
>
> > But Ted Nugent is still a bigoted, misogynistic a-hole, and his music
> > sucks.- Hide quoted text -

> Being a father entails more than just signing the checks.- Hide quoted text -

Yes, but I have more concern for the children of the poor than those
of the rich.
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-22 09:07:31 UTC
On Aug 21, 4:48 pm, sacha <***@sasktel.net> wrote:
> On Aug 21, 3:48 pm, Ukes <***@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 14:42:12 -0700 (PDT), sacha <***@sasktel.net>
> > wrote:
>
> > >If thats the way you feel then why the fuck are you here? And really
> > >dude, elevator music? Your list there says it all. Headbanger violent
> > >vile shit. Fuck off and enjoy. We won't miss you.
>
> > If Mr. Liberal likes Ted Nugent, how does that hurt you?
>
> It doesn't exactly "hurt" me. It just rubs racist cowardly misogynist
> BS in the facse of everyone on a Boss board, thats all. And I call him
> on it. He's a nasty little troll.

Racist and misogynist? You have absolutely no grounds to make those
kind of accusations. You keep proving yourself to be just a lying,
drug-addled idiot.
burtonlmb
2010-08-22 12:34:50 UTC
On Aug 21, 4:48 pm, sacha <***@sasktel.net> wrote:
> It doesn't exactly "hurt" me. It just rubs racist cowardly misogynist
> BS in the facse of everyone on a Boss board, thats all. And I call him
> on it. He's a nasty little troll.

"Racist and misogynist? You have absolutely no grounds to make those
kind of accusations."

LMFAO. He has grounds. Below is just one of many instances, Millhaus:

(Usually just gansta rap)."
sacha
2010-08-22 20:40:43 UTC
On Aug 22, 3:07 am, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:
> On Aug 21, 4:48 pm, sacha <***@sasktel.net> wrote:
>
> > On Aug 21, 3:48 pm, Ukes <***@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > > If Mr. Liberal likes Ted Nugent, how does that hurt you?
>
> > It doesn't exactly "hurt" me. It just rubs racist cowardly misogynist
> > BS in the facse of everyone on a Boss board, thats all. And I call him
> > on it. He's a nasty little troll.
>
> Racist and misogynist? You have absolutely no grounds to make those
> kind of accusations. You keep proving yourself to be just a lying,
> drug-addled idiot.

Heh. But even so I have the sense and taste to recognize racist
misogynist tripe when I see it.
83LowRider
2010-08-23 02:52:10 UTC
sacha wrote:

>>> I said it before, people are judged by the company they keep. And
>>> YOU sir, sleep with craven shit encrusted vermin. That says it all.
>>> Have a nice day fuckface.
>>
>> Damn, talk about hate-filled drivel. Weird how my attending a Ted
>> Nugent concert can totally set someone off.
>
> No, what sets me off is that you post this shit here and expect
> approbation.
>
>> I'd rather talk
>> about real rock music like Ted Nugent, AC/DC, Loverboy, Metallica
>> than the usual elevator music the most voiciferous of this group
>> often post about.
>
> If thats the way you feel then why the fuck are you here? And really
> dude, elevator music? Your list there says it all. Headbanger violent
> vile shit. Fuck off and enjoy. We won't miss you.

Virtually every reply I've seen from you is violent and vile.
I love the old Ted catalogue, and his personal opinions
are just that -- his, and personal. It's like the Dixie Chicks,
if you like their music and disagree with their view of politics,
it's your personal choice to buy their albums or not. You get
on this (usenet) 'stage' and rant your opinions. Nugent, Dixie Chicks
and Sheryl Crowe, McCartney and dozens of others do the
same. I can seperate their music from their opinions. If Bruce
spews off a bunch of liberal bullshit and I don't agree, I have
a right to say so, a right to not attend his shows or buy his
music. The left so often speaks of tolerance, then calls others
racists, nazis, violent and vile. Unreal.
David
2010-08-23 13:12:56 UTC
On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 22:52:10 -0400, "83LowRider"
<***@ddresswilldo.com> wrote:

> If Bruce
>spews off a bunch of liberal bullshit and I don't agree, I have
>a right to say so, a right to not attend his shows or buy his
>music. The left so often speaks of tolerance, then calls others
>racists, nazis, violent and vile. Unreal.

So it's ok for you to refer to Bruce's "liberal bullshit," but others
don't have the right to call others out as racists, etc. ?? Unreal.
Reply to david at haberm<remove>ehl dot com
83LowRider
2010-08-23 13:26:01 UTC
David wrote:

>> If Bruce
>> spews off a bunch of liberal bullshit and I don't agree, I have
>> a right to say so, a right to not attend his shows or buy his
>> music. The left so often speaks of tolerance, then calls others
>> racists, nazis, violent and vile. Unreal.
>
> So it's ok for you to refer to Bruce's "liberal bullshit," but others
> don't have the right to call others out as racists, etc. ?? Unreal.

I plainly stated everyone has a right to disagree. That is not
the same as labeling someone a nazi or racist. Disagreement
does not HAVE to be violent or vile. The poster said he went
to and enjoyed a Nugent concert. That gets turned into labeling
anyone that likes Ted as a racist nazi scumbag somehow.
I don't care for the Dixie Chicks, I don't like what they said.
They have a right to say it, just as anyone here has the right
to say so in this forum. I would never turn that into calling them
cunts, whores etc. If I were a fan of the DC, and disagreed with
them, I should be able to so in a civil manner, and if they
pissed me off that bad, I'd simply stop buying their material.
s***@comcast.net
2010-08-23 14:06:24 UTC

Only when the shoe fits. Ted Nugent IS a vile racist.
83LowRider
2010-08-23 20:05:34 UTC
stuthalblum wrote

>> The left so often speaks of tolerance, then calls others
> racists, nazis, violent and vile. Unreal.
>
> Only when the shoe fits. Ted Nugent IS a vile racist.

I rarely see anything of Ted nowadays. Saw some of his
shows back in the 'old' days. Every once in awhile I'll
catch a glimpse of him on the tube. Can you give an
example of him harming, or calling for harm to blacks,
mexicans etc?
sacha
2010-08-23 21:24:21 UTC
On Aug 23, 2:05 pm, "83LowRider" <***@ddresswilldo.com> wrote:
> stuthalblum wrote
>
> >> The left so often speaks of tolerance, then calls others
> > racists, nazis, violent and vile. Unreal.
>
> > Only when the shoe fits.  Ted Nugent IS a vile racist.
>
> I rarely see anything of Ted nowadays. Saw some of his
> shows back in the 'old' days. Every once in awhile I'll
> catch a glimpse of him on the tube. Can you give an
> example of him harming, or calling for harm to blacks,
> mexicans etc?

Sure, here ya go:

November 19, 1992).
s***@comcast.net
2010-08-23 21:45:05 UTC

But BESIDES those, what's he ever said?
sacha
2010-08-24 00:03:16 UTC
On Aug 23, 3:45 pm, "***@comcast.net"
<***@comcast.net> wrote:
> [...]
> > September 23, 1991).
>
> > The Nuge’s narrow-minded arrogance colors his ruthless commentary, and
> > he offends just about anyone with whom he doesn’t see eye-to-eye. It’s
> > a wonder he ever tours outside of the U.S., given his feelings about
> > “foreigners.” Just before he toured in Japan, he mindlessly maligned
> > the Japanese in a characteristic xenophobic diatribe on a Detroit
> > radio show: “…Yeah they love me (in Japan) – they’re still assholes.
> > These people they don’t know what life is.  I don’t have a following,
> > they need me; they don’t like me they need me…  Foreigners are
> > assholes; foreigners are scum; I don’t like ‘em; I don’t want ‘em in
> > this country; I don’t want ‘em selling me doughnuts; I don’t want ‘em
> > pumping my gas; I don’t want ‘em downwind of my life-OK?  So anyhow-
> > and I’m dead serious…” (WRIF-FM, Detroit, Ted Nugent as guest D.J.,

Why, thanks for asking...

The World According to Ted Nugent
Quotes and Stories from Ted's Writings and Interviews

ON OTHER PEOPLE

not created equal." - Detroit Free Press Magazine , July 15, 1990

Newspaper , Denver, Colorado, July 27, 1994

"[Ted Nugent's] conversations are peppered with the word nigger. He
refers to his upcoming tour of Japan the Jap Whack Tour." - Detroit
Free Press Magazine , July 15, 1990

"...Yeah, we want to go to Saudi Arabia, man, and see if we can't get
a four iron and knock people's laundry off the top of their heads.
Wear laundry on your head and die, is the basic theme of the Damn
Yankees ... (The Damn Yankees was Ted's band in the '90s)" - WRIF-FM,
Detroit, Ted Nugent as guest D.J., September 25, 1990

"... And in my mind, I'm going why can't I just shoot this guy in the
spine right now; shoot him in the spine, explain the facts of life to
him... [Ted referring to an encounter with a Hare Krishna]" - WRIF-FM,
Detroit, Ted Nugent as guest D.J., September 28, 1990

"About national health care: The government must stay out of my life.
If there are weenies who are in the liability column of our nation,
tough shit." - Westword Newspaper , Denver, Colorado, July 27, 1994

ON WOMEN

Colorado, July 27, 1994

And if you're a woman who feels that his lyrics to ditties such as the
immortal 'Wang Dang Sweet Poontang' are sexist, Nugent says, 'Fuck you
and go to a Garth Brooks show. Kiss my dog's dead, diseased, rotting
ass. If you don't have a sense of humor, you're not allowed in Ted's
world. I don't objectify women. I'd like to think that I'm
optimizing their hardware.' - Westword Newspaper , Denver, Colorado,
July 27, 1994

ON LAW AND ORDER

"I have a brain and I work that brain and it works and it knows the
difference between right and wrong and it's got a thread of common
sense. And that it's not Ted's opinion. It is how it is ... we're
just working hard, playing hard and anybody that wants to get in our
way does not deserve anything less than a bullet between the eyes ..."

Free Press Magazine , July 15, 1990

HUNTING AND HUNTING ETHIC

..."unethical," says Mr. Caires, who was angered after he took Nugent
out on a hunt in April. "He shoots at anything," Mr. Cairnes claims.
"You should kill what you can use. He just likes to kill a lot of
animals." (Cairnes is a hunting guide who takes people out to stab
wild pigs in Hawaii) - The Wall Street Journal, July 25, 1995, 'Why
Sit on the Beach When You Could Stab a Wild Pig?

"... First thing I slayed...I was nine years old. It was a squirrel,
these ladies were feeding it, you know, and I said, 'excuse me, bam.'
No it wasn't a pet squirrel. I had it stuffed and petted it for years
after that." - WRIF-FM, Detroit, Ted Nugent as guest D.J., September
26, 1991

Whacking is a term Nugent uses to describe what he does to his prey
with bow and arrow. Whack 'em and stack 'em,' he says. - Detroit Free
Press Magazine , July 15, 1990

Participants pay the Renegade Ranch (a fenced in, 300-acre canned
hunting recreation area) for the animals they kill - anywhere from
$500 for a wild boar to $5,500 for a six-point elk. Nugent tacks on a
$250 fee for serving as celebrity guide. - Detroit Free Press
Magazine , July 15, 1990

"I don't hunt for sport, I don't hunt for recreation, I don't hunt for
meat, I hunt to hunt ..." - Detroit Free Press , p. 12D, April 17,
1989

Ted Nugent's Down to Earth, promises raw, unedited footage of
America's no. 1 rock 'n' roll bowhunter as he whacks 'em and stacks
'em. Nor was it hyperbole. In the first 10 minutes, viewers got
bird's-eye of broadheads fatally piercing such fearsome creatures as
an armadillo, a squirrel perched in a tree, some pigs and a goat. 'I
love that part,' said the glinty-eyed Nugent after running death
scenes in sequence. 'Let's see it again.' And the appalling whack 'em
and stack 'em compendium ran all over in slow-motion replay. - The
Washington Post , Recreation Section, September 23, 1990

Nobody hunts just to put meat on the table because it's too expensive,
time consuming and extremely inconsistent. - Ted Nugent's World
Bowhunters Magazine, Volume 1/ Number 3, March/April 1990, p.7

"On my first bowhunt on the property a few years back, I was on my own
for twenty-two days and killed an amazing thirty-three head of big
game. I'm surprised I even came home. I was in heaven." - Ted
Nugent's World Bowhunters Magazine, Volume 1/ Number 3, March/April
1990, p.15

"... My deer were put here on the earth. God even said, 'Hey Ted,
whack 'em.' He said this, right in the bible, Genesis, 'Dear Ted,
whack me a buck ...'" - WRIF-FM, Detroit, Ted Nugent as guest D.J.,
Sept. 24, 1991

"I contribute to the dead of winter and the moans of silence, blood
trails are music to my ears ... I'm a gut pile addict ... The pig
didn't know I was there ... it's my kick ... I love shafting
animals ... it's rock 'n' roll power." - Ted Nugent's World Bowhunters
Magazine, Volume 1/Number 4, May 1990, p.12

ON SKULL PAINTING

"The first thing I do is be sure to cut the entire head off the animal
I wish to bleach and/or paint Most butchers saw the skull plate off at
the base of the antlers, thus eliminating the major skull section that
we desire. Since I butcher most of my own deer and big game, I take
special pride in the personal handling of all the precious by-products
of my kills. I cut the head off at the base of the skull and begin the
meticulous task of skinning and fleshing the entire skull down to the
minimal meat and bare bone. I will actually scrape the remaining flesh
from the skull bone with the edge of my knife blade, but stop short of
taking any actual skull material. ... Hunt on. Kill on. Eat on. Paint
on. Live on."

Related Stories/Links:
» Assaulted Anti-Fur Activist Remains in Jail - No Compromise
» Ted Nugent Detrain ofor Assault on Anti-Fur Activists - No
Compromise
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-24 01:29:19 UTC

You posted this already. Idiot.
83LowRider
2010-08-24 09:21:29 UTC
sacha wrote:

>> I rarely see anything of Ted nowadays. Saw some of his
>> shows back in the 'old' days. Every once in awhile I'll
>> catch a glimpse of him on the tube. Can you give an
>> example of him harming, or calling for harm to blacks,
>> mexicans etc?
>
> Sure, here ya go:

< snip the draft evasion for brevity>

It was cowardly of Ted to dodge the draft. Many did
so, tho that's not an excuse. But it wasn't that unusual
and that is his shame to live with. I don't see that as
vile or racist tho. Just stupid.

< snip bow/hunting/book stuff>

Nothing to do with my statement..

> The Nuge sounded off on Japanese-made guitars, referring to them as
> “Japs.” When the hosts of the show objected to the use of the word,
> Nugent made sure to tell Denver that words such as “Jap” and “Nigger”
> were only words, man, and shouldn’t offend anyone. Apparently, Ted was
> shocked to find that people are offended by these words. Still though,
> The Nuge saw the real victim in all this, explaining that “Political
> correctness has brought America to its knees.”

I'd call this prejudice. Popeye and Bugs Bunny constantly
referred to Japanese as Japs. We (as a country) despised the
Japanese in our not so distant history. People have prejudices.
I'm not offended by 'words/labels'. I consider the intent.

> It doesn’t
> stop at foul language though; it’s the substance that is most
> objectionable. Nugent has had to pay $75,000 for shooting off his
> mouth after a radio interview in 1992, when he referred to Heidi
> Prescott of The Fund for Animals as a “worthless whore” and a “shallow
> slut,” asking, “Who needs to club a seal, when you could club
> Heidi?”

Stupidity on his part. He's free to say stupid shit, but free isn't
always free tho is it? He gave an honest opinion, and it cost him
75 grand.

> If you don’t think your life is worth
> it then please go out there, don’t wear any underpants and get RAPED!!
> Cuz you deserve it…” (WRIF-FM, Detroit, Nugent as guest D.J.,
> September 23, 1991).

More stupid shit on his part. Many people may share his opinion
tho, but would never say as much. Stupid for him to say it.
(Whether anyone would agree or not)

> Foreigners are
> assholes; foreigners are scum; I don’t like ‘em; I don’t want ‘em in
> this country; I don’t want ‘em selling me doughnuts; I don’t want ‘em
> pumping my gas; I don’t want ‘em downwind of my life-OK? So anyhow-
> and I’m dead serious…” (WRIF-FM, Detroit, Ted Nugent as guest D.J.,
> November 19, 1992).

Again, I'd consider this a prejudice, not vile, not racist. Pat Buchanan
has quite a following, and he'd lock these borders down tight. Ted
doesn't like foreigners? Does he not have that right? I don't condone it,
but if he feels that way, so be it. If he calls for legal immigrants to be
drawn and quartered, or incites hate, or wanted all jews/blacks/mexicans
dead, then I'd call him a racist. I think he just says a lot of stupid shit.
He should do as every other 35 year old touring act out there
living off their past glory, and just fucking play. I don't look to Ted
for political advice or social commentary, and his views will not
change yours or mine.
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-24 01:30:05 UTC

What he posted wasn't an example of ***harm*** to blacks or Mexicans.
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-24 01:30:21 UTC

Big fucking deal. He wrote Stranglehold.
s***@comcast.net
2010-08-24 15:52:38 UTC
On Aug 23, 9:30 pm, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:
> On Aug 23, 7:06 am, "***@comcast.net"
>
> <***@comcast.net> wrote:
> > On Aug 22, 10:52 pm, "83LowRider" <***@ddresswilldo.com> wrote:
>
> > > The left so often speaks of tolerance, then calls others
>
> > racists, nazis, violent and vile. Unreal.
>
> > Only when the shoe fits.  Ted Nugent IS a vile racist.
>
> Big fucking deal. He wrote Stranglehold.

I can't say I remember that particular tune, but I doubt it would suck
any less than the Nuge tunes I CAN remember.
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-21 08:03:56 UTC

Do you think Keelin ever forgave Jerry for abandoning her?
sacha
2010-08-22 05:21:40 UTC
On Aug 21, 2:03 am, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:
> On Aug 20, 2:17 pm, sacha <***@sasktel.net> wrote:
>

> > On Aug 20, 1:07 pm, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:

> > > No, someone who doesn't fall into the same political mold as most
> > > other rockers do which is why I suspect most people here hate him.
>
> > Hey, if you admire, enjoy, support and pay to see a racist misogynist
>
> Do you think Keelin ever forgave Jerry for abandoning her?

Have you ever forgiven your parents for passing on such a weak, ugly
set of genetics?
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-22 09:06:04 UTC

1995 called and they want their flames back.
s***@comcast.net
2010-08-20 21:39:48 UTC
On Aug 20, 3:07 pm, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:
> On Aug 20, 12:04 pm, "***@comcast.net"
>

> <***@comcast.net> wrote:
> > On Aug 20, 1:08 pm, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:

> > > Imagine that, one rocker who is still a rebel.- Hide quoted text -

> > A "Flaming A-hole."  Not quite the same thing.- Hide quoted text -

> No, someone who doesn't fall into the same political mold as most
> other rockers do which is why I suspect most people here hate him.- Hide quoted text -

No, those are just additional reasons. I hate him mostly because his
music sucks and always did.
sacha
2010-08-20 12:38:30 UTC
On Aug 19, 2:11 pm, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:
> On Aug 19, 12:30 pm, sacha <***@sasktel.net> wrote:

> > > For that he should be charged with homicide.
>
> > How about for screaming to his "fans" that Hilary Clinton and Obama
> > should be raped and sexually assaulted with his machine guns? Nobel
> > peace prize for that?- Hide quoted text -

> That's showbiz.

No, it is not. That is a scumbag extraordinare.

Well, we can all see what YOU are about Ed. BS assholishness. Thats
the thing about culture, we are what we affiliate with. This is a
Springsteen board, he actually represents...so does 'nuge. And they
could not be more opposite.

Why do you not just hang out at Stormfront? They are Nazis and they
LOVE 'nuge. You would fit right in there.
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-20 14:21:47 UTC
On Aug 20, 5:38 am, sacha <***@sasktel.net> wrote:
> On Aug 19, 2:11 pm, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:

> > > How about for screaming to his "fans" that Hilary Clinton and Obama
> > > should be raped and sexually assaulted with his machine guns? Nobel
> > > peace prize for that?- Hide quoted text -

> > That's showbiz.
>
> No, it is not. That is a scumbag extraordinare.
>
> Well, we can all see what YOU are about Ed. BS assholishness. Thats
> the thing about culture, we are what we affiliate with. This is a
> Springsteen board, he actually represents...so does 'nuge. And they
> could not be more opposite.
>
> Why do you not just hang out at Stormfront? They are Nazis and they
> LOVE 'nuge. You would fit right in there.

More proof you have absolutely no clue. He gave numerous shout outs to
his influences in black music before covering Soul Man.
sacha
2010-08-20 16:55:42 UTC

s***@comcast.net
2010-08-21 19:23:10 UTC
On Aug 20, 10:21 am, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:

>He gave numerous shout outs to
> his influences in black music before covering Soul Man.

I NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER WANT TO HEAR TED NUGENT'S VERSION OF "SOUL
MAN."

EV-ER.
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-21 19:33:30 UTC
On Aug 21, 12:23 pm, "***@comcast.net"
<***@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Aug 20, 10:21 am, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:
>
> >He gave numerous shout outs to
> > his influences in black music before covering Soul Man.
>
> I NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER WANT TO HEAR TED NUGENT'S VERSION OF "SOUL
> MAN."
>
> EV-ER.

I would have rather heard more originals like Motor City Madhouse or
Snakeskin Cowboys or even stuff from his long-neglected 80's era like
The Harder They Come (The Harder I Get) or Painkiller.
kbd
2010-08-19 17:35:01 UTC
> Uncle Ted rocked the house once again! He played all the hits, hard
> rockin' music, great guitar playing, lots of humourous banter, a Derek
> St Holmes soundalike on bass.

I saw him the night before at Buffalo Bills in Primm, Nevada. He definitely
rocked the house.

Gave a shoutout to Harry Reid!
Fredo
2010-08-20 02:08:58 UTC
On Aug 18, 9:09 pm, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:
> Uncle Ted rocked the house once again! He played all the hits, hard
> rockin' music, great guitar playing, lots of humourous banter, a Derek
> St Holmes soundalike on bass.
>
> It was my 18th time seeing him and he always delivers the goods.
>
> Anyone here ever see Ted Nugent?

Never seen a show or owned a record and never will. But I spent
nearly 20 hours with the dude one day and night night shooting a music
video of his and he was among the biggest a_holes I've ever stood
within fifty miles of.

I never was a fan of his music, and was only barely aware of his
conservative politics at the time (this was very early 90's) so I went
into it like I did most jobs back then....open mind, wanting to like
the "artist" but not predisposed to. Basically gave the dude a blank
slate to write on. Turns out he was a sold gold piece of shi, as a
human being, insulting to the crew who was working their asses off to
make his lame-ass song get some MTV airplay by doing everything we
could to make the look half decent (our allegiance, of course, was to
the cinematographer, and no one else, but thats the nature of the
biz).

Dick-head Ted made a couple absolutely inexcusable comments, one
directly to a friend of mine standing right to me, that insinuated
that the my friend utterly deserved to be infected with HIV by a stash
of hidden used needles we stumbled upon while placing a glorious back-
light for the Ted man's badly dyed hair atop a roof in a bad section
of downton LA. We'd clearly stumbled into junkie land and had it not
been for thick workboots, one of us might've easily stepped onto a
used filthy syrgine....which Ted found hilarious and said something to
the effect of "I don't care if a fucking grip get AIDS,...this is
about making ME look good!" I think he later said, on the subject of
hunting that he wished California conservationists were allowed to be
hunted with crossbow...in season of course." Yeah, nice fucking guy.

Nuff said.

I'm fucking thrilled to say the song, which I can't remember the name
of, did shit in sales and on MTV's rotations.
Volchenkov
2010-08-21 02:36:30 UTC
> You're not even a Springsteen fan. You're not going to stifle my right
> to free speech.

Mine either, Troll.

Seriously, dude, is that really your picture? It looks like a flock of sick birds shit all over your
face. Go to Walgreens or CVS and buy some cheap Cover Girl. People might think you're a
tranny, but it's a small price to pay to keep from scaring children and old people.
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-21 08:03:22 UTC

Where's your picture?
Volchenkov
2010-08-22 03:07:19 UTC

On the $10,000 bill, Troll.
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-22 09:05:42 UTC
On Aug 21, 8:07 pm, Volchenkov

That's what I thought, pussy.
I Am A Liberal
2010-08-24 17:14:59 UTC
On Aug 24, 8:52 am, "***@comcast.net"
<***@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Aug 23, 9:30 pm, I Am A Liberal <***@intergate.com> wrote:
>
> > On Aug 23, 7:06 am, "***@comcast.net"
>
> > <***@comcast.net> wrote:

> > > racists, nazis, violent and vile. Unreal.
>
> > > Only when the shoe fits.  Ted Nugent IS a vile racist.
>
> > Big fucking deal. He wrote Stranglehold.
>
> I can't say I remember that particular tune, but I doubt it would suck
> any less than the Nuge tunes I CAN remember.

Yet it's often recognized as a classic regardless of what you think.